Nolan Law Office:
Wage & Hour and Employment Attorneys Serving the Chicago Area
Nolan Law Office is dedicated to protecting the rights of employees in Chicago and Northern Illinois. Our entire practice is devoted to employment law, including wage and hour claims, because we believe that hard-working people deserve to be treated with dignity and to reap the fruits of their labors. As attorneys with years of experience in federal and state employment law, we are well-prepared to advocate for the rights of our clients, including rights granted under:
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), which sets forth standards for minimum wage, overtime pay, record keeping, and youth employment for employees in both the private sector and in local, state, and government jobs.
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), which prohibits employers from discriminating against employees on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, and religion.
- The Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA), which is an amendment to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, prohibits discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), which allows certain employees to take up to twelve work weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave per year for specified medical and family reasons, and requires the group health benefits to be maintained during the leave period.
- The Illinois Gender Violence Act (GVA), The Illinois Gender Violence Act allows employees to pursue claims against perpetrators of sexual violence including employers and individuals in the workplace for violence predicated on gender.
- The Illinois Minimum Wage Law (IMWL), which establishes minimum wage, overtime pay and record-keeping requirements in Illinois.
- The Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act (IWPCA), which establishes standards for the payment of earned wages and final compensation and which prohibits employers from making deductions from wages or final compensation without the consent of the employee.
- Private employment contracts.
Nolan Law Office represents individual employees whose rights under state or federal law have been violated, as well as litigating class and collective actions in instances where multiple employees have been denied their rights or been discriminated against by their employers.
Negotiation of Professional Employment Matters
In addition to working with clients who are hourly employees, Nolan Law Office also negotiates on behalf of professionals and executive employees with regard to employment contracts, executive compensation, and severance agreements. Our clients typically find that having the assistance of an employment attorney results in a more advantageous compensation package or severance agreement than they could achieve on their own.
Nolan Law Office serves clients in the Chicago area and throughout Northern Illinois. If you have a legal question related to your employment, or if you have been discriminated against or denied pay or benefits to which you believe you're entitled, we invite you to contact Nolan Law Office. We look forward to working with you.